You have multiple wireless systems from multiple vendors and need to expand. Do you A) expand what wireless system you have, B) add a different system, or C) rip-and-replace and start over? (Hint: Probably not C.) Assess wireless technologies in use. Look at present and future applications. Write an effective request for proposal. Choose, implement and communicate to future of industrial wireless technologies that fit application needs.
- Assess industrial wireless technologies in use.
- Consider present and future wireless application needs.
- Determine if expanding existing, adding new, or rip and replace is the best option.
- Examine how to write an effective request for proposal for industrial wireless technologies.
- Learn from others’ experiences in selecting and implementing industrial wireless.